Over the past several years, alligatortek has worked with a number of companies in the Trucking & Logistics business. We’ve found there are some companies in this industry who view technology as a necessary evil, and struggle to justify spending money on “IT”.
However, there are many organizations who understand that technology used intelligently can become a competitive advantage – these are the clients that we choose to partner with.
Some of the trends that we’ve seen recently include:
- Replacing multiple legacy systems with a single unified TMS platform that provides capabilities for all divisions within the company.
- Deploying mobile solutions that provide better communication with drivers, document scanning, barcode scanning.
- Providing customers with better visibility to data such as the real-time status of loads.
- Speeding up receivables by replacing paper based invoicing processes with electronic ones.
- Implementing or improving EDI capabilities to seamlessly communicate with customers and partners.
An interesting challenge that we see time and again is a company struggling to fit into the confines of a packaged software. The package typically covers about 80% of what the company needs, but there are gaps – often critical ones.
The gaps we find most often relate to aspects of operation that make the company unique and are what differentiates them from the competition. At some level this makes sense, the packaged software companies are developing for the masses and can’t veer too far off course to support the needs of any single customer.
At alligatortek, we specialize in these situations. We bring a unique perspective to the table, by helping clients to identify their business challenges and designing and building custom software solutions to solve them.
At the end of the day we measure our success through the ROI provided to our client: Were they able to grow revenue? Did they realize efficiency gains? Has our solution solved the client’s business challenges once and for all?
We’ve been fortunate enough to make an impact for clients such as Central States Trucking and Bear Cartage. Armed with a deep knowledge of the industry, we’d love to partner with your organization as well!